Blackened Chicken Lettuce Wrap with Fruit Salsa
Prep Time 5 Minutes
Cook Time 10 Minutes
- 4 Chicken Breasts (cubed into pieces about the size of a quarter)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 fresh limes (juiced)
- 3/4 fresh jalapeno pepper (minced)
- 3/4 cup fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 1 clove fresh garlic (minced)
- 1 fresh cucumber (peeled and diced)
- 1 cup fresh mango or peaches (diced small)
- 1/2 cup, chopped Yellow Onions
- 1/4 tsp Crushed Red Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Marcum Crushed Oregano
- 1/4 tsp Coarse Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Coarse Ground Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 Head fresh lettuce (washed, and leaves carefully removed)
- In a large zip top bag, combine onion powder, paprika, garlic powder, black pepper, salt, sugar, oregano and crushed red pepper. Seal the bag closed and shake to mix spices.
- Add cubed chicken to the bag and shake to evenly coat chicken with spices. Set chicken aside.
- In another large zip top bag, combine chopped onion, mango/peaches, cucumber, garlic, chopped cilantro, minced jalape?o and lime juice. Seal the bag shut and gently shake to combine ingredients. Place salsa bag into the refrigerator to chill.
- Heat olive oil on medium high heat in a large grill pan or heavy saute pan.
- Add chicken, cook for 8-10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Remove from heat.
- Serve chicken in lettuce leaves topped with mango salsa, or allow your dinner guests to create their own lettuce wraps at the table! So much fun, and so healthy!