BBQ Bacon Twice Baked Potatoes
Recipe Courtesy of Save A Lot Test Kitchen
Prep Time 75 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
- 6 medium-large or 12 small potatoes
- 2 Tbsp. Medeiros vegetable oil
- 6 strips of Farmington bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cup Coburn Farms shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup Coburn Farms sour cream
- ¼ tsp. Marcum paprika
- ¼ tsp. Marcum chili powder
- ¼ cup Kurtz BBQ sauce + extra for garnish
- 4 green onions, whites and greens thinly sliced
- 1 medium sized tomato, diced
- Marcum salt & ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 °F. Grease a large baking sheet and set aside.
- Slice each potato in half lengthwise. Toss the halved potatoes in oil and a few pinches of salt and pepper. Place the potatoes on the sheet pan, cut side down, and roast until fork tender; about 50 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the cooked and crumbled bacon, cheese, sour cream, paprika, and chili powder in a bowl. Set aside.
- Once potatoes are fork tender, remove from oven and allow to cool slightly. Using a spoon, scoop the cooked potato from the skin, leaving ¼ inch on all sides to create a “boat.”
- Add the scooped-out potato to the bacon and cheese mixture and mix until well combined.
- Using a pastry brush or a spoon, spread the BBQ sauce into the bottom and sides of the potato boats.
- Scoop the potato mixture back into the potato boats and press the mixture into the potato boat.
- Return the potatoes to the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted and top are golden brown.
- Remove from oven. Drizzle each potato with BBQ sauce and sprinkle with sliced green onions and diced tomato. Enjoy!