Spicy Cornbread Muffins
Prep Time 20
Cook Time 17
- 1 1/2 Cup Cornmeal Mix
- 1/2 Cup + 1 Tbsp All-Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 1/4 Tsp Iodized Salt
- 2/3 Cup Corn
- 1/4 Cup Jalapenos
- 1 1/2 Cup Whole Milk
- 2 Grade A Large Eggs
- 6 Tbsp Butter
- Pre-heat the oven to 425 degrees F. Coat a muffin pan generously with butter or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place the cornmeal, ? cup of flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large mixing bowl and whisk to combine.
- In a separate small bowl, place corn and jalape?os, and add the remaining tablespoon of flour. Toss to combine.
- Pour the milk and eggs into a third separate mixing bowl and whisk until eggs are broken up and mixed with milk thoroughly.
- Pour the milk mixture and melted butter into the cornmeal mixture and, using a rubber spatula, stir until just incorporated and no streaks of butter remain. (Be careful not to over-mix.)
- Add the corn and jalape?os and stir until just combined.
- Divide the batter among the prepared muffin wells. Bake until golden brown around the edges and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 15 to 17 minutes.
- Let the muffins cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from the pan and serve warm or at room temperature.