Guilt Free Queso Dip
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
- 3 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 Avocado Halved, seeded, peeled and diced
- 1/4 Cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- To Taste Salt & Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp Marcum chili powder
- 3 Cups Coburn Farms shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 Cups Unsweetened Coconut Milk
- 2 Tbsp Ginger Evans all-purpose flour
- 1 Roma tomato, diced, plus more for garnish
- 1 Jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 2 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 2 Tbsp Chopped fresh cilantro leaves
NotesTo reheat, place in microwave and stir in 30-second intervals. Add milk as needed until desired consistency is reached.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium high heat. Add garlic and jalapeno, and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in tomato until softened, about 1-2 minutes.
- Whisk in flour until lightly browned, about 1 minute. Gradually whisk in coconut milk, and cook, whisking constantly, until slightly thickened, about 4-5 minutes.
- Stir in cheeses, a handful at a time, until smooth, about 1-2 minutes. Stir in chili powder and cumin; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Stir in Greek yogurt until well combined, about 1 minute.
- Serve immediately, garnished with tomatoes, avocado and cilantro, if desired.