Soups & Salads
Broccoli Cheese Soup
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup, diced Onion
- 3 Cups Chicken Broth 99% Fat Free
- 1 Cup Coburn Farms Shredded Cheddar
- 1/2 cup, diced Carrot
- 2 Cups Coburn Farms Milk
- 2 Cups Broccoli, chopped
- 1/4 C All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp, minced Garlic
- 1/2 tsp Iodized Salt
- 1/2 tsp Ground Black Pepper
NotesPlease be careful while blending your broccoli soup. If you're using a regular blender, allowing the soup to cool is important, because the steam in the blender can cause pressure and cause the lid to pop off. While you blend the broccoli soup, cover the lid with a dish towel and pause the blender regularly to carefully lift a corner of the lid, allowing steam to escape.
- In a 3- or 4-quart pot, cook carrot, onion and garlic until soft. Add flour until flour has started to lightly brown.
- Add chicken broth and milk to pot. Bring to a simmer - soup will start to thicken. Add broccoli.
- Once the soup begins to thicken add shredded cheese. Stir regularly.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly. Puree the broccoli cheese soup in small batches until it?s smooth. Or, if you like your soup to be chunky, only puree half of the soup. (See Notes below for more tips.)
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Reheat over low heat if necessary.