Pizza Hot Dog
Pizza Hot Dog
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
Total Time: 35-40 minutes
- 1 package Mantia’s Pizza Dough Mix
- 1/2 tsp. Marcum Italian Seasoning, divided
- 2 Tbsp. Mantia’s Grated Parmesan Cheese or Parmesan & Romano Blend, divided
- 4 slices Coburn Farms Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/4 cup Kurtz Pickled Banana Pepper Rings, roughly chopped
- 8 slices Farmington Deli Ham
- 4 Farmington Hot Dogs
- 1 Tbsp. Coburn Farms Butter, melted
- 1/4 tsp. Marcum Garlic Powder
- 1 cup Mantia’s Pizza Sauce or Pasta Sauce
- Preheat oven to 400° Foil and grease a baking sheet pan and set aside.
- Prepare the pizza dough mix according to package directions, with the addition of ¼ teaspoon Italian seasoning and 1 tablespoon grated cheese mixed into the dough.
- After the dough has rested 10 minutes, divide into 4 equal parts. Use fingertips to shape the dough balls into flat circles, about 4-5 inches in diameter.
- To assemble the Pizza Dogs, first lay one slice of mozzarella cheese across each piece of dough.
- Next, on a clean surface, lay out the ham slices in pairs so that they are slightly overlapping. Place the hot dog on the ham and arrange the banana peppers alongside the hot dog; roll the hot dog and ham tightly.
- Place the wrapped hot dog into the dough with the mozzarella. Roll the dough tightly around the hot dog and place it, seem side down, on the prepared pan.
- Use a pastry brush or the back of a spoon to brush the dough with the melted butter. Sprinkle the remaining ¼ teaspoon of Italian seasoning, grated cheese and garlic powder evenly across each Pizza Dog.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Some cheese may leak out of the dough.
- Allow Pizza Dogs to cool for 3-5 minutes before serving. In that time, heat the pizza sauce in the microwave to desired temperature. Dip the Pizza Dog in sauce and enjoy!