Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hours
Total Time: 2 hours 10 minutes
- 1 (1 lb.) Bag of Wylwood beans (Great Northern Beans, Black Eye Peas, Lima Beans, Pinto Beans)
- 1 cup of one of the following: Diced Salt Pork, Fresh Pork, Ham or Cooked Bacon; or Small Ham Hock
- 6-8 cups Water
- 1 Small Onion, ½-inch dice (about ½ cup)
- 1 Marcum Bay leaves
- 1 Carrot, peeled and 1/2-inch dice (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/8 tsp Marcum Black Pepper Ground
- Soak beans over night or use quick soak method as directed on packaging. Drain.
- Add all the ingredients to a large pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 2 hours or until beans are soft. Add more water if needed.
- Remove bay leaf and season to taste with salt and pepper.