Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yields: 4 (2 tacos per serving)
- 1 lb. Portside Extra-Large Frozen Shrimp; peeled and deveined, thawed and drained
- 1 (1.25 oz) pkg Senora Verde Taco Seasoning Mix
- 2 Tbsp Lime juice (2-3 limes)
- Metal or Bamboo Kabob Skewers
- 8 (6”) Tio Santi Flour Tortillas
- 2 cups Iceberg or Romaine Lettuce, shredded
- Senora Verde Medium or Mild Salsa, as needed
- 1 sm. Onion, 1/4-inch dice (1/2 cup)
- In a medium bowl, combine shrimp, taco seasoning mix, and 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice. Mix to coat.
- Thread shrimp onto skewers, leaving about 1 centimeter of space between each shrimp. Note: if using bamboo skewers, soak them in water for 10 minutes to prevent burning.
- Heat a grill on medium heat. Place skewers on grill and cook until shrimp are pink and slightly charred, about 1 minute per side. Remove shrimp from grill.
- Optional: warm tortillas briefly on grill or in microwave.
- Assemble tacos: carefully remove shrimp from skewers. Place 3-4 shrimp per tortilla. Top shrimp with a small handful of shredded lettuce, a sprinkle of diced onion, and salsa (to taste)