Chicken Florentine Roulade
Chicken Florentine Roulade
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- 2 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 2 slices Coburn Farms Provolone
- 1/4 cup Mantia’s Grated Parmesan
- 1/4 cup Marcum Panko Breadcrumbs
- 2 cups Fresh Express Spinach
- 1/4 cup Dry White Wine
- 1 Egg White, Beaten
- 2 tbsp Coburn Farms Butter
- 1 tbsp Ginger Evans AP Flour
- 1 tsp Marcum Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Marcum Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Marcum Salt
- 1 cup Kaskey’s Cream of Chicken
- 1/2 cup Coburn Farm Heavy Whipping Cream
- 3 bulbs fresh Garlic, roasted
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 tsp Medieros Olive Oil
- to taste, Marcum Black Pepper
- to taste, Marcum Salt
- Pairs well with our Roasted Cauliflower recipe
- Serve with fresh parsley, basil, and a wedge of lemon
- Serve with any variety of Mantia’s pasta to add a flavorful dish with the Creamy Garlic Sauce
- Preheat the oven to 400º F/200º C
- Slice the garlic head in half across the middle and place both halves onto a large piece of foil (large enough to wrap around both parts)
- Drizzle the raw garlic with olive oil and lightly brush/rub it into the garlic cloves.
- Seal the tin foil around the pieces
- Roast in oven for 30-40 minutes
- In a sauce pan over low heat, heat up the cream of chicken & heavy cream. Heat until it begins to simmer
- In a blender add the sauce and roasted garlic together, by squeezing out the garlic. Blend until smooth then season to taste.
- Pre-heat the oven to 400º F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil and set aside.
- In a medium sauté pan, heat up the pan over medium heat. Add the spinach, and butter, sauté for 3 minutes.
- After the 3 minutes add in the white wine and turn heat on high, until the liquid is evaporated. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken breasts on a cutting board. Using a meat mallet, pound the breasts to a ¼ inch thickness.
- Line the chicken with a slice of provolone and a spoonful of the sauté spinach.
- Starting with a short side, roll each breast up and seal the edges shut using a few toothpicks.
- In a bowl mix together the flour, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Place the rolled and sealed breasts in a Ziploc bag and add the flour. Lightly flip the bag around until chicken is coated.
- Next Place the beaten egg white in a shallow dish and the breadcrumbs in a second shallow dish. Add Salt, pepper and Italian seasoning to panko.
- Remove each rolled breast from the flour bag and dip it in the egg white, turning to coat. Next Coat the chicken in seasoned panko.
- Lightly spray the top of the chicken with cooking spray. Bake on a lined sheet tray for 30-40 minutes or until chicken is 165º F
- Once done let rest for 5 minutes. Slice the roulades and garnish with the Creamy Garlic Sauce.