Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hours
Total Time: 2 hours 20 minutes
- 1 lb. Stew Beef, cut into 1” cubes
- 1 tsp Marcum Italian Seasoning
- 2 Tbsp Medeiros Vegetable Oil
- 2 med. Onions, quartered
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp Ginger Evans All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Tbsp Pickwell Farms Tomato Paste
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can Marcum Beef Broth
- 1 Marcum Bay Leaves
- 2 Carrots, peeled and cut into 1”-long pieces (about 1 cup)
- 2 med. Potatoes, peeled and cut into 1’ cubes (about 2 cups)
- Marcum Salt & Ground Black Pepper
- Season beef with Italian seasoning and a few pinches of salt and pepper. Heat oil in a 6-quart saucepot over medium-high heat. Add cubed beef and brown on each side, about 6 minutes. Remove beef.
- Add onions and garlic into saucepot and cook for 1-2 minutes. Sprinkle in flour and stir for 1 minute. Stir in tomato paste and cook for another minute.
- Add in broth and bay leaf and heat to a boil. Return beef to the saucepot and reduce to low heat. Cover and cook for 90 minutes.
- Add carrots and potatoes to saucepot and cook, covered, for 25 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Remove and discard bay leaf.