Homemade Chocolate Cake
Recipe Courtesy of Save A Lot Test Kitchen
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 35 minutes
- 2 cups Ginger Evans granulated sugar
- 1 ¾ cups Ginger Evans all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup Ginger Evans baking cocoa
- 1 ½ tsp. Ginger Evans baking powder
- 1 ½ tsp. Ginger Evans baking soda
- 1 tsp. Marcum salt
- 2 Good Nature eggs
- 1 cup Coburn Farms milk
- ½ cup Medeiros vegetable oil
- 2 tsp. Marcum vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease two 9-inch round cake pans.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Add the eggs, milk, vegetable oil and vanilla extract and beat on medium speed for 2 minutes (or 300 strokes by hand). Stir in the boiling water until fully incorporated (the batter will be thin).
- Divide the batter equally between the two cake pans. Bake 30-35 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes in the pan, then remove and cool completely on wire racks.
- Once completely cooled, frost with chocolate frosting.