Vegan Butternut Squash Queso Dip
Serves 6 cups
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 45 minutes
- 6 cups frozen, thawed butternut squash or 1 medium butternut squash
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 small Jalapeño, chopped
- 1 large shallot, chopped
- ¼ cup raw cashews, soaked for one hour and rinsed
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- If using a fresh butternut squash: preheat the oven to 400ºF and line a baking sheet. Cut the squash down the middle lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds with a spoon. Place the squash halves, cut side down, onto the baking sheet.
- Roast until the squash is tender when pierced with a knife. This will take approximately 35-45 minutes.
- Scoop the cooked squash or frozen defrosted squash into a food processor.
- Add all the ingredients except for the 1 cup of vegetable broth. Start with ¼ cup of vegetable broth and process until smooth. Adding more broth if needed. It should be a smooth puree and thick enough to scoop on to tortilla chips.
- Serve with chips.