Southern-Style Greens with Bacon
Prep Time 5 Minutes
Cook Time 30 Minutes
- 8 Slices (cut into 1/2 inch pieces) Bacon
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 1 tsp Crushed Red Pepper
- 1 bag pre-cut and washed collard greens
- 32 oz Chicken Broth 99% Fat Free
- 1/2 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 Tbsp Ginger Evans Sugar
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, cook the bacon until crisp. Set aside the bacon.
- Return the pot with the bacon fat to the stove over low heat. Add the garlic and cook for 3 minutes. Add the red pepper flakes and cook 1 more minute.
- Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a low simmer. Loosely cover and cook until greens are tender.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, and top with crisp bacon.