Loaded Zucchini Boats
Prep Time 20 - 25 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
- 4 medium Zucchini
- 1 lb Italian Sausage, Cooked and Crumbled
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1/2 Sweet Onion, Chopped Fine
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp Sour Cream
- 1 cup Pasta Sauce Traditional
- 1/4 tsp Oregano Crushed
- 2-3 tbsp Parmesan Grated Cheese
- Slice zucchini in half lengthwise and scoop out seeds with a spoon or small melon baller.
- Finely chop scooped out zucchini, place in a small bowl and stir in sour cream until well mixed.
- Crumble sausage in skillet over medium heat and brown until cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Remove sausage and drain. Wipe out skillet, retaining any browned bits from the sausage.
- Return skillet to medium heat. Melt butter and saut? onions until softened and slightly caramelized, 5-10 minutes.
- Add garlic and stir until combined and fragrant, about 30 seconds. Return sausage to pan with onions. Lower heat, stir in pasta sauce and simmer until warmed through.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly. Stir in zucchini-sour cream mixture. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat oven to 375?. Spray a baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and arrange zucchini halves flat side up.
- Spoon sausage mixture into hollowed out zucchini and top with Parmesan cheese. Bake for 30 minutes until cheese is melted and zucchini boats are cooked through.