Game Day Sweet and Sour Meatballs
Serves 3 Dozen Meatballs
Prep Time 20
Cook Time 25
- 12 oz jar chili sauce
- 20.5 oz jar grape jelly
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 Grade A large eggs
- 1 sleeve saltines, crushed into small crumbs
- ½ cup diced yellow onion
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
NotesI have been making these wonderful meatballs since I was a teenager and every time we serve them they are always the talk of the party!!! I love to use the Save-A-Lot brands because they are delicious and inexpensive!!!!
- To prepare the sauce: In a large saucepan, combine chili sauce and concord grape jelly
- Set the heat to medium, stirring occasionally until jelly is completely melted. Turn heat to low and prepare the meatballs while the sauce is at a low simmer.
- To prepare the meatballs: In a medium mixing bowl, combine ground beef, eggs, crushed saltines, and onion. Shape into 1-inch meatballs.
- Heat the vegetable oil over medium high heat and brown the meatballs on all sides.
- Using a slotted spoon to drain any grease, add the meatballs into the simmering sauce.
- Continue to simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Serve in a crock pot for your sports fans. Don't forget the fancy toothpicks!