Easy Cranberry Sauce
Skip the canned cranberry sauce this holiday and make it right at home – it’s embarrassingly easy and you can even make it ahead of time!
Prep Time 3 min
Cook Time 10 min
- ¾ Cup Sugar
- ½ Cup Orange Juice
- ½ Cup Water
- 12 oz Fresh Cranberries, Rinsed
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 1 Piece of Orange Peel (just use a potato peel or paring knife)
NotesThis easy and delightful recipe takes only 15 minutes to make and a handful of ingredients! Spiced with cinnamon and sweetened with orange juice, it is the best combination of sweet and tart! The perfect complement to your holiday meal!
- Combine sugar, orange juice, and water in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir to combine.
- Add cranberries, salt, cinnamon stick and orange peel.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring frequently.
- Continue cooking, for about 10 minutes, or until all or most of the cranberries have popped. I like to leave a handful of berries whole.
- Let cool for at least 30 minutes. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Can be made up to 3 days in advance.