Soups & Salads
Avocado Egg Salad
Recipe Courtesy of Save A Lot Test Kitchen
Prep Time 25 minutes
Cook Time 0 Minutes
- 8 Good Nature eggs, hardboiled and cut ¼ to ½ -inch dice
- 1 avocado
- ¼ cup Kurtz mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. Tipton Grove lemon juice
- 1 tsp. Marcum dry parsley leaves
- 1 tsp. Marcum dry chives
- ½ celery stalk, ¼-inch dice (about ¼ cup)
- Cook the eggs. Place eggs in a large saucepan and cover them with 1 inch of cold water. Bring the water to a boil over medium heat. Once the water has reached a boil, turn off heat, cover pot with a lid, and let stand for 12 minutes.
- Once 12 minutes has passed, place eggs in an ice water bath for 10 minutes. Peel and chop the eggs.
- Slice the avocado in half, moving the knife around the pit. Remove the pit and scoop avocado out of the peel into a bowl.
- Mash the avocado with the mayonnaise and lemon juice (to taste). Mix in the parsley, chives and diced celery.
- Gently fold in hardboiled egg. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve on a sandwich, with crackers or with salad greens.