Recipe Courtesy of Save A Lot Test Kitchen
Recipe By: Save-A-Lot Food Stores
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 3-4 hours or 7-8 hours
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 medium onion, ½-inch dice (about 1 cup)
- 1 tsp. Marcum onion powder
- 1 tsp. Marcum garlic powder
- 2 tsp. Marcum ground cumin
- 2 tsp. Marcum chili powder
- 1 tsp. Marcum paprika
- 1 (15.25-oz.) can Pickwell Farms corn, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15-oz.) can Wylwood black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (10-oz.) can Senora Verde diced tomatoes with green chili
- 1 (15-oz.) can Pickwell Farms tomato sauce
- 1 (32-oz.) container Marcum chicken broth
- Marcum salt & ground black pepper, to taste
- Cook the ground beef and diced onion in a skillet over medium heat and season with a pinch each of salt and pepper. When beef is done cooking, drain and discard the grease. Transfer cooked beef to slow cooker.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the slow cooker and stir well.
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours or on high for 7-8 hours.
- Serve Taco soup with garnished such as shredded cheese, sour cream, fresh cilantro and tortilla chips.