STL Slinger Dog
Recipe Courtesy of Save A Lot Test Kitchen
Recipe By: Save-A-Lot Food Stores
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
- 2 cups Countryside Station frozen hash browns
- 1 Tbsp. Medeiros vegetable oil
- 4 Grissom’s hot dog buns
- ½ cup Hargis House chili (choice of chili with beans or without beans)
- 1 Tbsp. Coburn Farms butter
- 4 Good Nature eggs
- 4 Farmington hotdogs
- ½ cup Coburn Farms shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup Kurtz real bacon bits
- ¼ cup Pickwell Farms French fried onions
- ¼ cup Tio Santi pickled sliced jalapenos (optional)
- Cook the hash browns in a non-stick skillet according to the “pan fry” directions. Keep warm.
- Heat the hot dogs as desired: on the stove top in water, in a skillet pan, or on the grill. Keep warm.
- Heat the chili in the microwave or on the stove top. Keep warm. Store extra chili in a lidded container in the refrigerator and consume within 3 days.
- In a skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Cook the eggs sunny-side-up until the whites are completely set but the yolks are runny, about 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- To assemble the STL Slinger Dogs, lay the hot dog in the bun, followed by ½ cup hash browns, 2 tablespoons of chili, 2 tablespoons of shredded cheddar, one egg, and one tablespoon each of bacon bits, French fried onions and pickled jalapenos.