Why Canned Food?
Canned foods are a great source of fruits and vegetables, and because they are sealed, the ingredients you need are always fresh and at your fingertips. We keep our pantry well stocked so that in a moments notice, we can get a delicious and hearty meal on the table without having to make an unscheduled trip to the store.
Reasons to Keep a Well-Stocked Pantry
1. Affordable - many times canned foods are much more affordable than buying fresh or frozen - but that doesn't mean you're compromising quality.
2. Convenience - need a last minute vegetable/fruit side for dinner OR throwing together a quick weeknight meal? Canned is ready to use in minutes and only takes a quick rinse after draining!
3. Long Shelf Life - you don't have to worry about your produce going bad within a few days! TIP: If you're storing a lot of canned items be sure to write the date on them so you know which cans to use first.
4. Fresh - canned foods lock in nutrients at the peak of freshness.
5. Variety - there is a large variety of canned items to choose from; including vegetables, fruit, soups, protein and more.
6. Seasonality - with canned products, whatever you need is always in season!
7. Portion Control - canned foods come in a variety of sizes so you can use exactly what you need and not throw away extra!
Check out our recipes below that call for any type of canned food.