Recipe By: Save-A-Lot Food Stores
Prep Time 30
Cook Time 0
- 8 roughly chopped Roma Tomatoes
- 1 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Iodized Salt
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, whole
- 1 Red Onions
- 1 seeded Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Cucumber, peeled, halved and seeded
- 1 Avocado, sliced
- Cut one half of the cucumber into a small dice (1/2 or 1/4 inch) and place into a medium bowl.
- Roughly chop the other half of the cucumber and place into a separate medium bowl.
- Repeat this half-and-half preparation with the bell peppers and onion. All small-diced veggies can go into one bowl, and all roughly chopped veggies can go into a large bowl for easier clean-up.
- In a blender or food processor, mix the tomato, roughly chopped vegetables, garlic, salt and pepper, hot sauce, olive oil and vinegar. Puree mixture until fairly smooth.
- Transfer to a large bowl and stir in the remaining (small-diced) vegetables. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours to let flavors develop.
- Garnish with avocado slices and croutons and serve.