Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 4 Farmington Bratwurst (Beer, Cheddar, or Original)
- 4 Grissom’s Hot Dog Buns
- 6 strips/1 cup Farmington Applewood Smoked Bacon, diced
- To taste Kurtz Spicy Brown Mustard
- 1 cup Pickwell Farms Sauerkraut
- 1 Tbsp Coburn Farms Butter
- 1 White or Yellow Onion, diced
- 2 Granny Smith Apples, peeled and finely chopped
- Preheat grill to a medium-high heat. Scrape grates clean, and use oil or spray to ensure bratwurst do not stick .
- In large pot add onions, bacon, apples and 1 tbsp of butter. Cook 5 minutes or until bacon browns.
- Drain pot and strain the liquid. Place the bacon/onion/apple mixture in a bowl and set aside.
- In the same pot add brats and water. See tip below for adults 21+.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 10-12 minutes, then let rest for 5 minutes before grilling.
- Once dry, grill brats for 3-4 minutes on each side to develop grill marks and a nice snap.
- Toast buns on grill 1-2 minutes.
- Assemble by placing bratrust on a toasted bun and topping with sauerkraut, bacon/onion/apple mixture and spicy brown mustard.
- 21 or over? Use pilsners or lagers to boil bratwurst.
- Choose any Farmington Fresh Bratwurst to make a delicious meal – Beer, Cheddar or Original.
Click here for more Oktoberfest inspired recipes: German Apple Cake, German Potato Salad, Obatzda (German Cheese Dip).