Salted Cashew Peanut Brittle
Recipe Courtesy of Save A Lot Test Kitchen
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
- 2 cups Ginger Evans granulated sugar
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup (1 stick) Coburn Farms unsalted butter
- ⅓ cup Ginger Evans light corn syrup
- ½ tsp. Ginger Evans baking soda
- 1 cup Nutsome cashews, toasted
- 1 ½ cups Nutsome peanuts, toasted
- Marcum sea salt
- Butter a large baking sheet pan and set to the side.
- In a large sauce pan, combine the sugar, water, butter and corn syrup. Bring to a boil.
- Cook over medium high heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture is light brown and registers 300°F on a candy thermometer, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the baking soda; mixture will bubble.
- Stir in the nuts and immediately scrape the brittle onto the prepared pan. Use the back of a greased spoon or spatula to spread into a thin layer. Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Let cool completely, about 30 minutes, then break into large pieces. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 month.