Pumpkin Whoopie Pies
Prep Time 20
Cook Time 0
- 3 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Grade A Large Eggs
- 3 Cups, Chilled Canned Pumpkin
- 1 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 2 Cups, Firmly Packed Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Cloves
- 1 Tbsp Ground Ginger
- 2 Tbsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Seasoned Salt
- 1 Tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- For the cream cheese filling:
- 3 cups Ginger Evans Confectioners' Sugar
- 1/2 cup Coburn Farms Butter (Softened)
- 8 oz. Coburn Farms Cream Cheese (Softened)
- 1 tsp. Marcum Pure Vanilla Extract
- Preheat the oven 350 degrees and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Mix together the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger and cloves.
- In a separate bowl, stir the brown sugar and oil together. Then add the pumpkin puree and whisk to combine thoroughly.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and whisk. Slowly add the flour mixture into the pumpkin mixture and stir until completely combined.
- Chill in the refrigerator for one hour.
- Add a large spoonful of the dough on the baking sheet, separating each one inch apart and bake for 10-12 minutes. Then remove from the oven and let cool.
- Cream cheese filling: Sift the confectioners' sugar into a medium bowl and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat the butter until smooth. Then add the cream cheese and mix well.
- Add the confectioners, sugar and the vanilla, beat well. Note: do not over beat the filling or it will lose structure.
- Assembly: Lay half of the cookies upside down (flat side facing up) and use a spoon to spread a large dollop of filling onto the cookie.
- Place the other cookies on top to the filling and lightly press down so the filling spreads. Repeat until all the cookies are used.
- Put in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to firm up before serving.