Sheet Pan Chicken Nachos
Serves 1 baking sheet
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
- 1 Tbs fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbs fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 5 sweet mini peppers, sliced into rings
- 1 small yellow onion, sliced
- 1 avocado
- 2 1/2 cups cheese
- 1 cup black beans
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped for chicken seasoning, additional for garnish
- 1/2 a standard sized bag of tortilla chips
- 2 cups Mexican blend cheese
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- Sour cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together lemon juice, lime juice, cumin, 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro, onion powder, and chili powder. Whisk until smooth.
- Add chicken to the bowl and coat with mixture.
- Place coated chicken on a sheet pan.
- Add sliced mini peppers and onions to sheet pan.
- Bake at 350ºF for 20 minutes or so, until chicken is cooked through and reaches internal temp of 165. (Time depends on how thick the chicken is)
- Remove chicken, onions, and peppers from tray.
- Slice chicken into thin strips.
- Wipe tray off and then pour tortilla chips over tray. Arrange the chips so they are in a single layer and each chip gets topping.
- Sprinkle a cup of Mexican blend cheese over the chips.
- Add chicken and black beans.
- Sprinkle another cup of cheese over the chicken and beans.
- Add peppers and onions. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes at 350ºF.
- Remove from oven, top with fresh cut tomatoes, avocado, and cilantro!