Mustard Potato Salad
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
- 5 pounds russet potatoes (peeled, washed, and cubed 1/2-inch)
- Enough cold water to cover potatoes in large stock pot
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 cup dill pickles, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cups mayo
- 1/4 cup mustard
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 6 boiled eggs, diced
NotesIt is important to cook the potatoes in cold water. Warm water will make the potatoes gummy. Depending on how wet or dry you like your potato salad, you may add more salad dressing/mayonnaise and mustard mixture.
- In a large stockpot, add potatoes and fill with enough cold water to cover just over the top of the potatoes. On medium-high heat, cook the potatoes just until fork tender. (That is when you stick the fork in the potato cube, it will only separate in half
- Stick the fork in the potato cube, it should separate in half and not fall apart.
- Drain potatoes well and pour them out onto a large cookie sheet or two.
- In a large mixing bowl, gently mix together cooled potatoes, diced dill pickles, and diced onion. In a small bowl, stir together salad dressing/mayonnaise and mustard; mix well.
- Pour salad dressing mixture over the potato mixture; gently mix together thoroughly.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. I start off with a teaspoon of each and taste to see if more is needed.
- Fold in diced eggs last to keep from mashing them too much; mix lightly, but thoroughly. Transfer to serving bowl and garnish with paprika. Refrigerate until time to serve.