Battered Sweet Potato Fries
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 0
- 2 Fresh Sweet Potatoes
- 1/4 Cup Medeiros Olive Oil
- 2/3 Cup Wylood French Fried Onions
- 2/3 Cup Seasoned Bread Crumbs
- As needed Bramley's Honey
- As needed Coburn Farms Cheese
NotesDrizzle with Bramley's honey, then sprinkle with crumbled Coburn Farms Feta, Parmesan, or Bleu Cheese for a truly gourmet twist!
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Peel, then cut sweet potatoes into evenly sized strips of medium thickness.
- Pour olive oil in a large mixing bowl, add potato strips and toss to coat well.
- Place coated strips on a baking sheet in a single layer with space between each strip and bake for 12 minutes.
- Remove sheet from oven, flip the potato strips, and return to oven for 8 minutes.
- In a large zip top bag, crush french fried onions into very small pieces, add bread crumbs and continue to crush, then pour onto a large plate.
- Remove sheet from oven, carefully roll the hot potato strips in bread crumb mixture, return coated strips to baking sheet and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes or until breading turns dark golden brown.
- Allow strips to cool on a rack for at least 10 minutes. Enjoy plain, or topped with honey and cheese!