Hard Discount Grocery Business Opportunity
We are the nation’s leading hard discount grocery chain designed for independent retail operators. Our business model is focused on empowering our independent retail partners with the tools to succeed, which includes more effective store layouts, exclusive private label products, buying power cost savings and low operating overhead.
Customers enjoy high-quality, exclusive brands and can find national brand products as well as USDA-inspected beef, pork and poultry, farm-fresh fruits and vegetables and non-food items in our stores. In addition, our smaller stores are clean, bright and make the customers’ shopping experience quicker and easier.
Our independent retail partners choose Save A Lot for many of the same reasons our customers do. Efficiencies such as our carefully selected assortment and exclusive Save A Lot brands help keep costs low and offers customers the savings they have come to expect.
Save A Lot also utilizes smaller format stores that are bright, clean and user friendly. Their smaller size also equates to lower overhead.
Save A Lot is a proven licensed business model designed with the store owner in mind. And Save A Lot does NOT charge upfront franchise fees or royalties.
To be America’s most loved discount retailer through our commitment to add unmatched value to our communities.
As your neighborhood grocery store, we’re committed to making your life better. Every day. Every way.
- Value - Low prices are core to who we are, but we must go beyond price and provide added value in all we do.
- Quality without compromise – We offer a 100% money back guarantee to ensure complete satisfaction.
- Community - We are anchored to the communities we serve and welcome all our neighbors to the Save A Lot family.
Our Business Model
Save A Lot’s business model features many competitive advantages:
- Exclusive brands: High-quality, low-priced private label brands account for 65% of our assortment.
- Fewer SKUs (stock keeping units): Reduced SKU assortment that covers more than 90% of everyday shopper needs
- Low prices: Buying power of over 1,000 stores delivers market-leading everyday low prices
- Neighborhood stores: Store sites in diverse neighborhoods, hiring from within those communities and stocking product tailored to the neighborhood
- Shopping experience: Smaller stores average 15,000 sq. ft. and allow for a quick and easy shopping experience
- World-class distribution: 14 best-in-class, dedicated distribution centers