Why invest in Save a Lot?
If you have been thinking about opening your own business, now is the perfect time to become a Save A Lot independent retail partner. As one of the leading hard discount grocery chains in America, we provide a proven business model along with comprehensive support services to help you succeed.
Whether you already have grocery or other retail experience or are just getting started, Save A Lot makes the process as easy as possible. If you have a net worth of $1,000,000 and approximately $300,000 in available capital, you’re well on your way.
Save A Lot offers a full program that equips independent retail partners with an innovative store format designed to give the owner a competitive advantage in the market. Our dynamic format allows you, as a Save A Lot independent retail partner, to own and operate a turn-key grocery business. Save A Lot’s corporate operations include a full support organization to ensure our independent retail partners are able to fully leverage the benefits of scale that being part of a large national brand provides.
Real Estate Guidance
Location is a key success factor for retail businesses. Our teams of real estate professionals are ready to assist licensees with their real estate needs; providing expert knowledge, time & cost savings, and industry best practices around lease negotiations and ongoing landlord support. A store’s location, lease terms, and financial agreements highly influence future business profitability. Our team is here to offer professional support during real estate negotiations to assure that our independent retail partners are engaging in the best transaction possible.
Save A Lot’s corporate and field support teams provide independent retail partners with the services and solutions to help them position their business for growth. From real estate site selection and store construction to retail partner onboarding, to field operations and distribution support. Save A Lot does whatever it takes to keep our independent retail partners on the right track.
Right Assortment & Dedicated Distribution
On average, we have fewer than 3,000 SKUs per store, tailoring our in-store selection to the families and communities we serve. Fewer SKUs allows much greater operational efficiency, higher velocity, and increased buying power. Our 14 dedicated distribution centers supply fresh meat, produce, and exclusive private label brands to all operating store units - providing best in class systems and services.
Operational & Financial Considerations:
We seek owners that will be active in the business
- Business management experience (grocery or retail preferred)
- Willingness and ability to follow the Save A Lot program
- Solid personal financial history
- Net worth - $1,000,000
- Cash Liquidity - $300,000 or equity investment of 30%
- Strong relationships within the community
- Knowledge of local consumer preferences
Real Estate Considerations
- Population of 20,000 in primarily urban trade areas; 10,000 in rural areas
- Target median household income of $50,000 or less
- Total building size of 12,000 to 18,000 sq. ft.
- Typical parking ratio of 4 spaces per 1,000 sq. ft
- Co-tenancy with other value-oriented retailers desired
- Ground-up, freestanding or in-line retail space
- Neighborhood / community center locations