Save A Lot Spreads Joy to Families in Need through the Holidays
The Bags for A Brighter Holiday program has become an annual holiday tradition at Save A Lot, showcasing the giving spirit of our customers. Each November and December, we invite customers to purchase pre-assembled bags of groceries, which are then donated to local food charities and pantries chosen by the store. Beneficiaries range from neighborhood church pantries to large, regional food banks.
The generosity of our customers demonstrated through the program is inspiring: In 2019, our fourth year of the program, customers purchased 82,000 bags—more than $400,000 worth of food—from nearly 700 participating stores. As a sign of appreciation for customers and in the spirit of giving, Save A Lot also donated $100,000 to Feeding America, the nation’s largest hunger-relief and food rescue organization.
“This is the fourth year for our Bags for a Brighter Holiday program, and each year I am inspired by the generosity of our customers to help less fortunate families during the holidays,” said Save A Lot CEO Kenneth McGrath. “We wanted to make a commitment that acknowledges the significance of their giving and also demonstrates our own desire to give back. We hope our donation to Feeding America will make a significant impact across neighborhoods around all of our stores.”
• NBC St. Louis – Save A Lot 'Bags for a Brighter Holiday' is back!
• NBC St. Louis – There is still time to be a part of Bags for a Brighter Holiday at Save A Lot
• NBC St. Louis – Save A Lot’s Bags for a Brighter Holiday is a success!
• NBC St. Louis – Save A Lot has 12 Days of Christmas Giveaways!
• NBC St. Louis – Save A Lot’s Bags for a Brighter Holiday was a huge success!