Each summer, the American Farm Bureau (AFB) releases their July 4th cookout costs to help consumers estimate what they can expect to spend for their holiday meal. With inflation at 40-year highs, costs for this year’s spread are up 17%–a spend of nearly $70 to feed 10 people their favorite Independence Day foods: ground beef, potato salad, lemonade, cookies and ice cream, among others.
At Save A Lot we understand everyone is trying to find ways to stretch their shopping dollar. Below is a handy shopping list to help you celebrate the holiday using the same delicious Fourth of July favorites listed in the AFB report—but for up to 25% less!
Total Cost of Save A Lot fourth feast (approx. $52.19*) vs. Total AFB Estimate ($69.68) – up to 25% Less*
MEATS TO MASTER THE GRILL
- 2 lbs. Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Chicken Breast
- 3 lbs. Fresh Center Cut Pork Chops
- 2 lbs. Ground Beef (for 8 quarter-pound burgers)
SIDES TO SATISFY
- Grissom’s Hamburger Buns – 8-count
- Coburn Farms American Deluxe Sliced Cheese (24 slices)
- 1 lb. Fresh Strawberries
- 2-8 oz bags of J. Higgs Potato Chips
- 2-15 oz cans of Wylwood Pork & Beans
- 1- 32 oz container of Reser’s American Potato Salad (save time—buy pre-made!)
DELICIOUS DRINKS & DESSERTS
- 2 carafes of Tipton Grove Refrigerated Lemonade (no squeezing necessary!)
- Sunny’s Chocolate Chip Classic Chiptastic Cookies
- Crown Creamery French Vanilla Ice Cream
No matter how you celebrate the Fourth of July, Save A Lot hopes you have a wonderful and safe holiday.
* Prices/discounts for Save A Lot private label items and national brand items featured above are based on prices at the St. Louis Save A Lot locations during the period of 06/08/2022. Prices at individual stores may vary.