Think you know tacos? Save A Lot’s Registered Dietitian and Chef, Holly Faivre, will have you thinking twice about this crowd-pleaser with these five flavor combinations specially created to celebrate National Taco Day (October 4). From the tang of the Fusion Street tacos to the convenience and fun of the J. Higgs Walking tacos, you are sure to find several options that exceed everyone’s idea of what Taco Tuesday (or really any day) should be.
- Three Sisters Tacos – The earthy flavors of corn, sweet potatoes and beans take center stage in this vegetarian taco that packs a big nutritional punch.
2. J. Higgs Walking Tacos – Chef Holly takes the traditional taco up a notch in flavor and portability. Find your favorite flavor combinations by mixing and matching ground beef with our single-serve bags of J. Higgs chips. Insider tip: Chef Holly loves using our Crunchy Cheezies and Sour Cream and Onion chips for this recipe.
3. Fusion Street Tacos – Follow this Asian-inspired recipe to elevate your taco game to the next level. Trust us on this one.
4. Slow Cooker Shredded Pineapple Pork Tacos –Slow cooking pork and pineapple in the crockpot all day not only ensures the pork falls apart and is juicy, but it fills your home with a smell that is sure to have people rushing to the dinner table.
5. Shrimp Taco with Mango Salsa – Perfectly cooked shrimp partners with the cool, refreshing flavors of mango, lime and our Marcum chili powder to provide an unforgettable mouthwatering combination.