Click Here to get your Sweet and Salty Toffee recipe.
|Recipe Title||Sweet and Salty Saltine Toffee|
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||5 minutes|
1 sleeve Newbury Mills salted saltine crackers
1 cup (2 sticks) Coburn Farms butter
1 cup Ginger Evans packed brown sugar
¼ tsp. Marcum salt
1 cup Ginger Evans semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- Preheat oven to 375 °F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil or parchment paper and lightly grease with pan spray. Set aside.
- Arrange the saltines side-by-side across the entire pan.
- In a large heavy-bottomed sauce pan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the brown sugar and bring mixture to a boil. Continue boiling for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Carefully pour the hot sugar mixture evenly across the crackers. Transfer to the oven and bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 3 minutes. Sprinkle the chocolate morsels evenly across the surface. Let this stand for 5 minutes so that the chocolate melts. Use a spatula or back of a spoon to spread the melted chocolate evenly across the surface.
- Sprinkle with any desired toppings such as chopped nuts, toffee bits, candy coated chocolates, sprinkles; or drizzle with melted white baking morsels.